The following health and safety procedures were developed for Kemp Station to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. These procedures are tailored to overnight guests in Kemp Station’s Mead Residence Hall and Lodge.
• You have been assigned to a specific bedroom. You will be notified of this assignment prior to your arrival.
• Custodial staff will disinfect common surfaces (doorknobs, hand holds, sinks, etc.) on a regular basis using Clean by Peroxy, a peroxide-based cleaner as recommended by the CDC.
• You will have access to sanitation materials so you may sanitize any surface between regular custodial staff cleanings.
• For the safety of all guests, please limit your use of common areas. When indoors, please restrict yourself to your bedroom as much as possible.
• You will want to maintain prescribed social distancing, hand washing, and other health and safety protocols at all times. Maintain the prescribed social distancing and hand washing when using the kitchen and bathroom facilities in Mead Hall and the Lodge. After use, you will want to wipe down surfaces with the provided sanitizer.
• In accordance with University of Wisconsin-Madison guidance, non-vaccinated individuals should wear face coverings whenever walking through common indoor areas like hallways and dining areas.
• You are encouraged to use the stair well in Mead Hall to travel between floors. If you use the elevator, please limit use to one person at a time.
• If you become ill with COVID-19 like symptoms while at Kemp Station, immediately notify the Superintendent, Scott Bowe, at 715-892-0391 (text or call).
You are expected to fully comply with these guidelines. You will be notified if there are any updates or changes to these guidelines while you are at Kemp Station. While on Station, you will want to limit your activity to the building where you have been assigned a room and not enter any other buildings other than the Office/Lab, as needed, without prior approval from the Superintendent or Office Manager.